Sunday, February 10, 2008

Ichabod the Painter



I do not know how long it will take for me to absorb all that has come to pass in the last two weeks, but I know that somehow I've changed. In the subtlest of ways I've begun to understand that I've chosen all this and if it does not work out to my liking, I will not falter. I'll feel the the sadness or loss, but I will not be destroyed. I find that the boundaries are set and the limit has been understood and I go forward knowing I've followed my heart and the journey is the reward. What a wild ride!

I met Ichabod the painter at a coffee shop in New Orleans. He was like a shinning star. Our eyes met and the converstation started easily. We chatted about our art and families and immediately understood one another. He was such a refreshing sight. I loved his work that hung all over the coffee shop. He posed for me and we just coo coo'd each other until it was time for me to go. We may never meet again, but his spirit lingers in my heart.

No comments: