Saturday, April 12, 2008

Clinging Fire



The brilliant sky keeps me company this glorious morning. Alaska is my joy right now. Discovering the wide, open, wildness is fullfilling. I have dark days when I want to run away, but I've got no place in mind to run to. I don't have any desire to be in Portland right now. That may change down the road, but Alaska is it for me. I've been saying that I will give it a year. Through my work, prayer, and study, I'm gaining strength and finding ways to detach. I struggle for no reason sometimes, but perhaps it's the human condition. I can't rush this stuff. I've been meditating on the Mandala because it's my portal to the unconcious mind. Deep in my psyche there dwells someting that I've forgotten. That's why I'm here. I move closer to my purpose and the answer I've been searching for. It's beautiful to me, but so difficult to stay in balance. That's why my practice (yoga) is like a womb of health and calm. I love that I can surrender with asanas.

No comments: