Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Guanajuato by Robin Rosemond







A Fortuna A Persona (A poem for Guanajuato)

Dogs bark and speak Spanish here. The morning air of Guanajuato tells a simple story. The cries of people making a living. Roosters crow and birds of an exotic form fly by and there’s storytellers all around me. Eyes meet and rest for a moment on smiles of a beloved. Silently speaking to me and sharing love. It's a miracle and I want to do sweet things. There's nothing else. Breezes flutter and the church bells ring of time. There is a code I do not know, but I trust and listen for what is understood. Courtesy is an unspoken song. When we see in each other’s eyes, it's trust and living wisdom that holds water and shines out. Oh Guanajuato! It's a humorous trail on alleys and through tunnels cut in to mountains filled with treasure. How will I leave? I feel impelled to tell the story. Is it not enough to experience life? The doors rattle and wind curls up my legs and promptly announces, "It's time to sing! It's time to write!" Comprende, yo comprende mi Amor.

R. Rosemond 12/31/10

No comments: