Monday, June 9, 2008

On The Journey



I sit and watch the rain come down on the Pacific Ocean. Kari and I arrived in Alert Bay last night. It was a short ferry ride from Port McNeill. As we waited in my car for the ferry, we noticed the deck crew turning back a native couple who were on foot and were too drunk to get on board. It held us up a little bit, and it was a sad thing to witness. We crossed the water in around thirty five minutes, and Kari pointed out different landmarks on the island as we slowly crossed. Alert Bay is a mystical place. It has a feeling of the past and I sense the sacredness of it's history and I want to explore the magic. Our journey from Portland was filled with many wonderful friends, food, flowers, ferries, fun and frolic. I haven't written much, because traveling requires focus, energy and time. Sitting here now, I'm pleased with all of it. Hummingbirds are zipping by the window on their way to the feeder and Kari is cooking up potatoes for Wally and I. It's nice not to have to get back in the car for a few days.

No comments: