Friday, March 18, 2011

Nola Territory by Robin Rosemond



Drove out to Ponchatoula yesterday. It was St. Patrick's Day. We cruised over the causeway and enjoyed the breeze off the lake. The sun was brilliant and I asked Uriah if he would drive me by a house in Gentilly that is for sale. Who knows? I might want to buy it. It was one of those wondrous days where all the stars lined up and I felt a presence of something greater than myself. The house is trashed, but there're bones beneath the rubble that sang to me. I'll go see it again and then I may bid on it. I'm frightened to make a commitment to this city that time forgot, but I realize that New Orleans needs good people as much as I need a place to be. New Orleans is a sacred, historic place. What happened to Alaska? It's still there, but the longer I'm away from the Great Land the more I realize that perhaps Alaska isn't for me. Did I actually write that? Alaska will always be a part of my story now. It's a wild tale with intense characters who dwell in a cold, beautiful place. Summer in Alaska. Winter in New Orleans? Wish me luck!

No comments: