Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Healing Heart



New York City is one of the greatest places on Earth. I will always travel there and I will always remember my heritage, history and life story in vivid, living color. We flew across the country as the pilot updated us on the Electoral Votes and Senate races. We left Newark not knowing any results. We landed in Portland with President Elect Obama giving his speech and passengers stopping and listening to his words from a monitor that sounded melodious compared to what we've been listening to for so long. The mood at the airport was festive. Hickory called me from Brooklyn to say that hundreds of people were on Bedford and 7th celebrating the great news. I've learned many things on this leg of my Alaska adventure. I now head slowly back to Anchorage, covering my tracks as I go. My work is cut out for me. I know this is the challenge of my life. There's no going back, and I wouldn't want to. Life is such a blessing and I'm healing.

No comments: