Saturday, November 15, 2008

Saturday Satisfaction



I'm happy to be here. AK is alive with possibilities. I connect with some of the craziest stuff. Strange, beautiful, wondrous and very, very beautiful. I listen to the music of the people. I'm in love with Jr., the drummer for the Whip Saws. He's the man. What a striking person. He's like a rocking ship that guides the band through unchartered waves of excellent rhythm. This hot, country, rock band, is one of the favorites of my life. I get to see them live, and in person. Indian, Alaska and the Brown Bear, are two of the finest things about being in the Great Land. The drive south to Indian, is spectacular. The town sits next to Turnagain Arm, and is so tiny, you could easily pass it without noticing the Liquor Store and bar that sit back a ways off the Seward Highway. The setting is out of this world, even at night. The Brown Bear has a long bar, a pool table that they religiously cover when the music starts, wooden floors, signed dollar bills tacked up everywhere, and a worn, family feel. It has all the charm of an embracing, historical, hang out. Much like a club house, or rumpus room, it's fun and full of wildness, Alaska style. I may journey there again tonight. I'm a Grand Ma. I can do what I want.

No comments: