Monday, May 5, 2008

Crossroad



After California, I wasn't sure that I wanted to move to Alaska. I had doubts about my reasons and motivation for wanting to live here. I struggled for a few days, then I woke up early one morning and had clarity. I knew that I had to make the journey complete. I had to give Alaska time. I'll drive from Portland to Anchorage in June. I'll continue on the path of discovery. I wobbled after California, because life there is rich. My family and my Sistas are there and they made it comfortable and cozy for me. They took me in and showed me the bounty, and how easy it would be for me to make a life there. The sun, food, wine, people, culture wooed me. I came back to Alaska and it's still winter. It's harsh and my resolve about wanting to be here was shaken to the core. After much thought and meditation, I realize I've chosen the challenging road. This is what I'm meant to do. I continue to follow my heart and believe it will be revealed in time. Something good this way comes.

No comments: