Friday, February 11, 2011

A Different Alaska by Robin Rosemond



Denver The Mile High City

I'm in Denver with my daughter Iris, her husband Scott and my Grandson Jackson. The Mile High City is lovely. I feel fortunate to have such a happy daughter. She's working hard to keep it all going here. The city is alive and seems barely touched by the recession. Portland and Astoria, Oregon seem much harder hit. I'm blessed to have two wonderful children who love me and their families.

Grandmother

When my Grandson calls me GrandMa I smile.
Age sits nicely on me.
I watch my daughter guide the flow of her family.
Pride is not the word to describe the joy it brings.
Remembering my girl as an infant brings me to tears.
This journey demands I be my highest self.
Walk tall and be the magical, artist, Crone.
Stand up for all my sisters and let time take it's toll.
Beauty and love burst from my heart.

No comments: