Monday, December 8, 2008

Windy Day in AK



I love the weather in Alaska. I know you don't hear that too often, but I realize that it does keep the slackers away. They say with the recession, it will bring more folks from the Lower 48, but I think there's room for us all in the Great Land. I went to KNBA today and worked on the Public Service Announcements. I had a good day working with Shyanne Beatty and Loren Dixon. We laughed and laughed. Shyanne and I worked on our menu for New Year's Eve. We're going to Talkeetna to see the Whipsaw's. I'm excited. We're talking about having stuffed Moose Heart. She has had the Moose Heart since her mother's funeral. This will be a sacred stuffed Moose Heart, and I've been looking up recipes. She likes my Cranberry/Lemon Sauce that I made for Thanksgiving. I will make that for sure, and we'll have other delicious choices. It's different here during the holidays. I learn every day about the traditions of Alaska. I like the wildness, and the excitement people feel about food and eating. It's going to be a new ride in to 2009. I'm ready.

No comments: